New Artist Submission Policy
Artists with superior talent, high productivity, commercial vision and a drive to be aggressively marketed are encouraged to apply. Competition is fierce, however all presentations will be viewed in earnest. No criticisms will be offered, simply encouragement to the appropriate candidates.
The gallery welcomes the opportunity to view new work and requests you follow the guidelines below in preparing your presentation. The gallery does not grant any personal interviews or view in gallery (no exceptions) the work of any new artists until the jury packet of information has been received and accepted. Accepted artists will submit professional photos of themselves and their work for inclusion on this web site. You may submit the below requested information via mail, e-mail or we will be glad to review your web site. New work is reviewed bimonthly.
If you feel your work reflects the design aesthetic you see in this site or in Smith Galleries, please submit the following:
1. A letter of introduction
2. Artist's statement
3. Biography and resume
4. Listing of exhibitions
5. Listing of awards
6. Complete catalog, portfolio, or custom presentation of work to be considered which includes slides/photos, product description, wholesale and consignment pricing on all work shown, shipping terms, and order forms.
7. List galleries where your work is shown on a regular basis, with address, telephone, and contact person.
8. Include information regarding how your work has been test marketed.
9. What percentage of your work is sold through gallery representation, private commissions, art fairs, etc.?
10. Include a self addressed stamped envelope if you want items returned. Or you may submit the above via the internet by sending to email@example.com
1000 William Hilton Parkway, Suite J-11
The Village at Wexford
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928